Tuesday, November 11, 2008

wild animals in the field

Things have been really busy this past month...but I couldn't help but want to post my little part of the animal meme.

Its funny with all the time I spend in my outdoor lab, there are few animals that I have seen and even fewer that have been out at the same time the camera was out.

The turtles on the C&O canal were fun to watch. I live in the arid west and am not used to such aquatic species.




I have already posted this picture when we saw the baby lambs learning rock climbing skills near the Gunnison River.











Of course there is lots of evidence of animals in the distant past.









and the high altitude mountain goats.

1 comment:

Neat Rox said...

Hello, GH,

This comment has nothing to do with your most recent post except to tell you that I've enjoyed your blog. I found it by searching for Geology under Google Blog Search.

That said, I was wondering if you'd take a look at a rock sample that I have. I've posted on my blog about it and am asking people for their input. What do you think?

http://neatgemstones.blogspot.com/