So I changed it to: If I had my year of geology traveling where would I go?
These are in no particular order.
1. Visit the type area of my favorite formations.
2. Do a Powell and travel the length of the Grand River system by boat.
3. See lava coming out of the earth. This need not be a significant event.
4. Climb in the Himalaya.
5. See a surging glacier if there are any left.
6. Calving icebergs
7. Climb an icefall
8. Walk a transect of some really interesting geology, coast range of California or the Appalachian mountains
9. Visit a deep sea trench
10. Feel an earthquake, again this need not be a major event.
11. Spend a summer at the INSTAAR field camp.
12. Climb the walls in Yosemite Valley